Lisbon was the ultimate cease of our European tour and we could not have chosen a greater vacation spot. Town instantly gained us over with it is cheery pastel buildings, scrumptious contemporary seafood, and it is distinctive mixture of points of interest. It additionally did not damage that we had clear blue skies the entire week we have been there! The next video will spotlight 20 issues to do in Lisbon and we hope it offers you just a few concepts of a few of the sights this lovely metropolis has to supply.
*Our NEW Lisbon information: https://youtu.be/STAOrE5bfxk
GEAR WE USE
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II: http://amzn.to/1OchS7t
Canon G7X: http://amzn.to/1YdjsYX
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens: http://amzn.to/1Y79zeM
Rode Video Mic GO: http://amzn.to/1WDKtVM
Joby Gorilla Pod: http://amzn.to/1PgoY5F
SanDisk 16GB Excessive Professional: http://amzn.to/25KEErs
SOCIAL MEDIA & TRAVEL BLOGS
1) São Jorge Citadel (Portuguese: Castelo de São Jorge)
2) Miradouro das Portas do Sol remark deck
3) Carmo Convent (Portuguese: Convento da Ordem do Carmo)
4) Portuguese egg tart pastry – Pastel de nata (Portuguese: pastéis de nata)
5) Belém Tower (Portuguese: Torre de Belém
6) Padrão dos Descobrimentos (Portuguese: Monument to the Discoveries)
7) Jerónimos Monastery or Hieronymites Monastery (Portuguese: Mosteiro dos Jerónimos
8) Kiosk – Quiosque
9) Tagus River Ferry – (Portuguese: Tejo)
10) Salmão Grelhado – Portuguese Grilled Fish (Salmon Steaks)
11) Visiting Cacilhas Island
12) Lisbon tramway community (Portuguese: Rede de eléctricos de Lisboa)
13) Miradouro de São Pedro de Alcântara Remark Views
14) Buying (Rua Augusta)
15) Praça do Comércio – Commerce Sq.)
16) Santa Justa Elevate (Portuguese: Elevador de Santa Justa
17) Bacalhau – Portuguese dried & salted cod
18) Tropical Botanical Backyard (Portuguese: Jardim Agricola Tropical)
19) Lisbon Cathedral: Patriarchal Cathedral of St. Mary Main (Portuguese: Santa Maria Maior de Lisboa or Sé de Lisboa)
20) Lisbon evening views
Our go to Lisbon journey information covers a few of the prime points of interest together with the very best in arts, leisure, museums, nightlife and eating places. We additionally cowl off-the-beaten-path actions that you simply will not discover in your typical tourism brochure or Lisbon metropolis information.
20 issues to do in Lisbon, Portugal | High Points of interest Journey Information:
Our first cease of the day was Sao Jorge Citadel, which is an outdated Moorish fortification that sits on a hill overlooking Lisbon and the Tagus River. You may get some good panoramic views of town from right here, they usually even have peacocks roaming the grounds.
Miradouro das Portas do Sol is among the many look out factors in Lisbon that provides postcard-perfect views of town. This explicit terrace overlooks the Alfama district and it’s all the time standard with vacationers.
Carmo is a mediaeval convent that was ruined through the 1755 earthquake, and as we speak it’s used as an archaeological museum. It is a unusual feeling strolling down the ruined nave of the church and seeing blue skies above your head, however that is precisely what makes it value a go to.
One other place to go to is Belem Tower. The tower was constructed on the banks of the Tagus River, and it was meant to behave as each a protection system and a ceremonial gateway into Lisbon.
The Jeronimos Monastery is among the most visited sights in Lisbon. It is among the best examples of Late Gothic Manueline structure, so have an in depth take a look at the intricate detailing if you go to.
A enjoyable option to get round Lisbon’s hilly streets is by driving the trams. There are completely different strains throughout town, however #28 is the preferred one with guests.
The Santa Justa elevate is an elevator that connects the decrease streets of Baixa with Carmo Sq., and it’s the solely remaining vertical elevator in Lisbon. Although it’s meant to serve a purposeful function, additionally it is fairly standard with guests who discover the elevator a novel thought.
And that is a wrap for our week within the Portuguese capital! We hope you loved this video and that it gave you some concepts of issues to do in Lisbon. As all the time, you probably have every other suggestion for travellers of locations to go to and issues to do round city, be happy to share them within the feedback beneath. Wishing you content travels!
That is a part of our Journey in Portugal collection. We’re making a collection of movies showcasing Portuguese tradition, Portuguese arts, Portuguese meals, Portuguese faith, Portuguese delicacies and Portuguese folks.
All images and video taken by Samuel Jeffery (Nomadic Samuel) and Audrey Bergner (That Backpacker).
Music on this video courtesy of Audio Community